VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – Consultancy for Proposal and Report Writer
Wildlife Alliance provides direct protection to forests and wildlife in the Southeast Asian tropical belt. Our mission is to combat deforestation, wildlife extinction, climate change and poverty by partnering with local communities and governments. An international non-profit organization, Wildlife Alliance is dedicated to assisting governments in fighting the illegal wildlife trade, managing protected areas, balancing development with conservation, conducting land use planning, developing economically self-sustaining communities through agriculture and eco-tourism, securing and caring for endangered wildlife populations and building sustainable financing solutions.
Wildlife Alliance invites you to join our vibrant, active team of multi-national professionals in Cambodia. Working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, you will contribute to an organization that is recognized for effective field programs and a business approach that produces measurable results.
JOB POSITION – Consultancy for Proposal and Report Writer, based in Phnom Penh
Qualifications and Experience:
- Native speaking English writer
- Proven fundraising ability
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience producing complex proposals, reports, and other documents
- Advanced MS office software skills
- Proficient technical writer with attention to detail
- Ability to generate tailored proposal content aimed directly at each opportunity by working closely with project management, staff, and accounting
- Proficient time management skills with ability to manage multiple proposals and reports at once within short timeframes
- Dynamic, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment in order to complete assigned tasks
- Shows flexibility and a positive attitude
- Applies a strong work ethic that promotes the development of the highest quality documentation on time, while maintaining a respectful, team-player attitude towards co-workers.
A. Proposals and Reports. Play a fundamental role in fundraising for three wildlife-oriented projects by supporting existing fundraising activities and developing new grants. Work closely with two project managers and accounting department to obtain necessary information for proposals and reports. Identify RFPs and analyze requirements in order to write, answer, organize and edit proposal content. Handles proposal and reporting schedule to ensure timely and complete submission of all relevant documents.
B. Reporting. Reports directly to the two project managers whom this position will support. Provides monthly reports on grant opportunities and reports and updates on deadlines.
C. Duration. Position will be for six months with possibility to extend.
Please send CV with a cover letter and a sample of written proposal to Amy Van Nice, Deputy Director of Programs, Wildlife Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on October 4, 2017.