- Location: Phnom Penh
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: Based on Experience
- Contract: 6 days per week (48 hours)
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of Facebook Accounts: Ensuring regular content is created and posted to various Wildlife Alliance Facebook accounts, as well as through other social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Reddit etc.), targeted at both Cambodians and international audiences. This will include responding to Facebook messages in a timely manner, ensuring quick and appropriate responses and answering communication inquiries. Posts and responses will be in line with Wildlife Alliance’s policies and image.
- Liaising with other Wildlife Alliance staff in the field and on various projects to receive up-to-date information, news and content with a deep understanding of the work carried out by Wildlife Alliance.
- Keeping abreast of relevant news, articles, social media accounts and social media trends nationally and internationally to ensure relevance in content.
- Producing annual reports
- Reporting on both a monthly basis and ad hoc. Reports will include changes in social media accounts, followers, engagement, etc.
- Updates and maintenance of the Wildlife Alliance website, including SEO.
- Content creation (photography, videography and graphic design) for the website, social media, and for fundraising purposes, with occasional travel to the field for photography purposes.
- Writing content for the website, blogs, newsletters and copywriting for social media.
- Implementation of Google Ads to drive targeted traffic.
- Sending out monthly update newsletters to donors.
- Implementing social media campaigns for fundraising, working closely with the fundraising team, as well as for behavioral change campaigns.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent English language skills are essential (grammar, writing and speaking).
- Khmer language skills (written) are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of social media management across platforms.
- Strong professional writing skills and experience in writing content for communication purposes (e.g.blogs, newsletters etc.).
- Experience of Mailchimp or similar software is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of Content Management Systems, specifically WordPress, and a solid understanding of SEO.
- Understanding of running Google Ads (A demonstrated knowledge/experience of the Google Ads Grant program would be advantageous) and Google
- Photography and videography, including photo/video editing software (e.g. Adobe Lightroom and Premiere Pro etc.). Drone photography skills are desirable.
- Experience using desktop publishing and typesetting software (e.g. Adobe Indesign).
- Experience using graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator).
- Solid understanding of conservation, wildlife and the Illegal Wildlife Trade is desirable.
- Applicant must be self‐motivated and take pride in their work.
Application in English with a comprehensive CV and a recent photograph should be sent to No. 9AB, St. 21, Village 7, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, or email to [email protected] before April 20, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Wildlife Alliance is an international non-profit organization dedicated to assisting governments in fighting the illegal wildlife trade, managing protected areas, balancing development with conservation, conducting land use planning, developing economically self-sustaining communities through agriculture and eco-tourism, securing and caring for endangered wildlife populations and building sustainable financing solutions.
The Care for Rescued Wildlife team is designed to rehabilitate animals victimized by the wildlife trade and provide them with the support and care necessary to ready them for release back into the wild.