Development and Communications Intern - New York Office
- Research and identify funding sources to support existing and planned program activities.
- Develop content for posting on all designated social media outlets, monitoring online competitor presences/perceptions, researching new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, report "chatter" and other relevant online data, and maintaining posting schedules.
- Cultivate new communities and managing branded online communities on the company's behalf using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social media.
- Other duties may also include developing and/or revising text for other venues, including online communities, press releases, web articles, grants and video blogs.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to others in the office.
Must demonstrate the ability to write professionally for varied audiences and consistently meet tight deadlines. Experience with key words and meta tags is preferred. The right candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills (emphasis on grammar/spelling excellence), strong attention to detail, and prior social media experience. Experience with Hootsuite and photo editing software is preferred. Knowledge of environmental and conservation issues a plus.
Internships are available year-round in Wildlife Alliance's New York office. Internships are 2-3 days a week and are unpaid. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line "Development and Communications Internship." No calls please.